Unsung Forum »
Your fav Bowie album (6 Music Poll)?

21 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 05, 2017, 20:22
Re: Your fav Bowie album (6 Music Poll)?
Jan 05, 2017, 19:46
Popel Vooje wrote:
Markoid wrote:
You young people know nothing! Apart from the classic albums, there are some strange oddities in the Bowie canon. I suggest you check them out.

I'm not slagging his pre-"Space Oddity" stuff - some of it (like say "Sell Me a Coat", "Karma Man", or "London Boys") is quite lovely. The "Space Oddity" album itself is mostly pretty charming, especially "Letter to Hermione" which is about as confessional as he ever got. Some of the more obvious Anthony Newley pastiches are a tad too whimsical for my tastes (and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Syd Barrett fan).

Nonetheless, if you're inferring I'm one of the "young people" - thanks for the backhanded compliment - but I don't deserve it as I'm 46!

I'm not even talking about the 60's stuff. I'm talking about some of the odd stuff he sang later on.. like Brecht, Jacques Brel, even with Bing Crosby!. See above.

I'm just a few years older, but been obsessed by the man since I was 7 years old. I saw him live at Murrayfield Stadium when I was 14 or 15. In the pissin rain. Supported by The Thompson Twins and also Icehouse.

What a day! As they say, it changed my life...forever!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index