Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's the best, most excitingest thing you've heard recently?

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Re: What's the best, most excitingest thing you've heard recently?
Feb 17, 2016, 12:16
I'm off to see Fat White Family tonight, so I suppose that counts. Been dying to see this lot for a while. In captivity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFCq-CXk4WU
radagast
radagast
264 posts

New Motorpsycho album
Feb 18, 2016, 11:56
Definitely Motorpsycho's new "Here Be Monsters" album. Beautiful harmonies, elaborated prog structures, heavy bass pounding. Reminiscences of Lamb-period Genesis and even Magma (on "Big Black Dog"). Nice H.P. Lovecraft Cover "Spin Spin Spin".

Only let-down: the title track "Monsters" is not on the album. (Rumours have it it will be released and sold on a special EP during the spring tour).
Heard it on an excellent audience recording on DIME (Oslo Opera Jan 28, 2016) - another echo of a point in time, 23 minutes long and worth any second of it. They're in London for a single UK date on May, 4th - don't miss it!
espsummer
340 posts

Feb 20, 2016, 07:37
The Chamber Stings. The lead singer recently passed away and i started digging as someone recorded me one of their songs on a compilation years ago. Now i am obsessed. Great chamber pop. I recommend "month of sundays".
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Edited Mar 08, 2016, 00:57
Mar 08, 2016, 00:27
Just heard Amerika, title track of soon come debut album on 4AD by Finnish band Liima (the Finnish word for 'glue', apparently) on 6Music Recommends. Ears went up...this stuff is different - well, to my ears anyway. Liked it a l o t. If on iPlayer take a listen. Really impressed..stopped what I was doing midway, had to sit down and listen and absorb..haven't done that for a fair while. Well done them. Over here for a few dates soon.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Mar 09, 2016, 12:48
now listening to their Roger Waters single. Plenty going on. A great lively dynamic on it
MantraMouth
112 posts

Mar 11, 2016, 15:13
I didn't even know Waters had a new single, will have to check that out.

I recently came across Manuel Gottsching's 'Inventions For Electric Guitar' and though for me it was not as exciting as the earlier Ash Ra Tempel material, I noticed two of my kids having a big reaction! My daughters either ignored it or asked when it would be over but my two sons were enthralled. The youngest starred at it intensely and started almost conducting and my older son broke into a half flower child hippie half raver dance, it was interesting to see the almost compulsive reactions they had!!
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Mar 11, 2016, 21:36
jb means the new single by Liima, called Roger Waters. It, and Amerika, I've just found, are up on Youtube for folk who want a gander. Like.
MantraMouth
112 posts

Mar 11, 2016, 21:46
spencer wrote:
jb means the new single by Liima, called Roger Waters. It, and Amerika, I've just found, are up on Youtube for folk who want a gander. Like.

Thanks Spencer, that makes more sense and on a re-read I see where I made the error, just some lazy reading on my part. I'm heading over to Youtube...
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Mar 17, 2016, 23:53
I have been rather enjoying Manuel G's Ash Ra Le Berceu de cristal and the early and mid 70s Private Tapes pieces. I think I might dig out the cosmic jokers and tarot soon.
MantraMouth
112 posts

Mar 18, 2016, 17:26
laresident wrote:
I have been rather enjoying Manuel G's Ash Ra Le Berceu de cristal and the early and mid 70s Private Tapes pieces. I think I might dig out the cosmic jokers and tarot soon.

You just reminded me of the Private Tapes, I need to revisit those pieces. Despite the controversy, Cosmic Jokers is some of my all time favorite material from anyone/anywhere/anytime.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index