Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 May 2015 CE
May 25, 2015, 15:40
Motorhead - Overkill/Bomber/Iron Fist
Felix Martin - The Scenic Album
Blues Pills - st

Gordon Giltrap & Oliver Wakeman - Ravens & Lullabies. (Thanks to Squid for passing on this sniffery) A very nice slice of (mostly) acoustic based, filigree and mellow, folk prog. It sometimes veers into whiffage of fromage, but it's beautifully played and the good heart at the centre of the music wins the day. Very enjoyable and blimey, Oliver plays like his dad!

Smoke Fairies - st
Bat For Lashes - The Haunted Man
The Phantom Band - Strange Friend
New Model Army - Today is a Good Day
Wings - Band on the Run
We Are The Ocean - Ark
Messenger - Illusory Blues
Space Goat - st
Table Scraps - More Time for Strangers

God Damn - Vultures. ExperiMENTAL two piece skronking about in metal punk and electronica mixing titanic riffage and noise with ambience and other noodlings.

Subversion - Animi. Intense and sometimes brutal tech/djent metal with sone of the most insane, staccato n chug rhythms I've heard. Brain bashing fun!

And from the library...

Roy Harper - Stormcock. Mr H has always been a gaping hole in my collection (apart from I used to have "Whatever Happened to Jugular" way back when cos of the Jimmy Page connection. Not sure where it went! So, whatever happened to etc etc) Anyway, I saw this in the Library and have been told it's something of a masterpiece. Yes, I like it very much. Where next?

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest. Hmmm. Finding myself wanting to like this more than I do. It's 'like' more than 'love' after a week or so. It's not bad, just there seems to something of the spark and inventiveness of the earlier stuff missing.

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking. Dumb but fun AC/DC style riffin' n rocking. Air guitars ahoy.

Have a nice week x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index