Register
Unsung Forum »
most psychedelic record you've heard?

98 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9040 posts

Edited Feb 25, 2015, 11:07
Re: most psychedelic record you've heard?
Feb 25, 2015, 10:19
Squid Tempest wrote:
If it was shrooms I was gulping then I'd have to include
Yes - Close to the Edge
There's something organic that comes alive on that under psylocybin.

Even The Nolans records come alive under the shroom influence, though.

The best experience I think I'll ever have on mushies, was way back in my art school days and a girl introduced me and a few others to the funny fungus, as we were getting ready to go out in Sheffield to see the German rock band The Scorpions. Jeez... The bus journey to Chesterfield train station was wild enough. But, then the train journey from there to Sheffield!

The stripes on the carriage seats!! The whizzing lights flashing by, on the journey!! Then all the little houses, full of little people, as we passed through residential areas. Ha ha ha! We were all howling with laughter, as we kept pointing out silly things we'd seen. The best was when my mate could see all the rail staff eating their dinners in a trackside building, as we came into Sheffield station.

The gig was utterly amazing, once we'd negotiated our way into the fabbo Sheffield City Hall building - and found our seats, high up in the circle balcony. In the break after Blackfoot, the support band I ran from the bar, as it was full of gorillas!!

The Scorpions put on a particulary visual show. Dancing dressed as puppets standing on their amps, all sorta entwining and rolling around on the stage floor. We were utterly blown away!!! And then, at the end the whole massive drumkit was destroyed.

Mind: Blown.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index