Register
Unsung Forum »
Remembering Edgar Froese (1944-2015)

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Re: Remembering Edgar Froese (1944-2015)
Jan 26, 2015, 22:31
That is SO heavy (almost as HEAVY as his Mellotron and the way that he handled it!).

T-Dream and Edgar Froese have always had a place secured, deep in my heart. Since my first proper introduction when I got that Sanctuary cd of 'Zeit' (together with 'Tago Mago') on my 18th birthday in the 90's. Had a small party later on in the evening (had some acid too..), put the cd on. And it has been a one magnificent, infinite, continuation of a process from there on. Especially with 'Zeit'. It seems like it has always been there (in my mind). Also 'Atem' lodged itself into my mentalness for good from the go... All of the first 6 albums are definite classics in my book as well (and practically all the live stuff up to, about, '75!). But 'Zeit' and 'Atem' get some special love. I try to keep all the classic TD stuff perpetually within my reach. As they just keep on giving and sounding better and opening from new perspectives. They really keep surprising! Intensely beautiful and deeply compelling...

I've been on a especially heavy TD/Froese trip for the recent year or two (re-re-re(ad infinitum)-visiting stuff, exploring the discography further etc..

He might be one of the most well known "Kraut" composers, but perhaps THE most underrated as well...

But if so, that WILL change!

Unsung Forum Index