Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 December 2014 CE

14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 December 2014 CE
Dec 21, 2014, 23:52
"David Bowie - @ The Beeb, Hunky Dory. You know I still haven't properly listened to Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs or Scary Monsters. Following on from last week's thread, there was too much Ziggy on the Beeb sessions and not enough TMWSTW. Didn't mind the tracks from his 2nd eponymous album (latterly known as Space Oddity). Amsterdam is not a very strong track though is it?!!!"

In his defence, I think Amsterdam is a Jaque Brel song, not a Bowie penned ditti, but yeah, it deffo ain't one of my fav's, alongside his version of Alabama Song (pretentious moi!)
I only really started listening to the'Space Odditty' album a year or so ago, as it really didn't push my buttons compaired to his later output. The Cygnet Committee popped up on my music player one day, and I was hooked.
Alladin, Diamond Dogs and Scary Monsters all great albums worth putting the time in on. Also love the live album Stage, though the most recent is a 2Cd version, not the original single disc which, Had a better track running order, well I think so.

Unsung Forum Index