Register
Unsung Forum »
Roland S Howard - Autoluminesance Film.

5 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Roland S Howard - Autoluminesance Film.
Nov 01, 2014, 11:27
Yeah, saw bits of the Pleasure Heads film in the movie and put it on the ever growing list of cool shit to check out. Loved the chaos of the moment it captures. I could do with some of that kinda chaos in my life right now. Ho Hum, to me, it seems the 'Underground' just ain't the same these days (or maybe I'm just an old fart.....probably the latter).

Have you seen the '20 0000 Days' Nick Cave thang. Thought it was OK, though way more polised than the Autoluminesance. Couldn't help thinking that there was a bit of self mythologising going on in 20 000 days, but always thought he/they were intersting guys, so can forgive em'. Don't really buy his music anymore, I find it all a bit beige, but don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's still doing his thing.

Saw Cave on his first solo UK tour supporting the From Her To Eternity album. Sonic Youth suported him, and there was this rabid German felmale fan trying to get up on stage every 5 minutes. Only about 40 people there. Who'd a thunk years later he'd be seen as some kinda eleder statesmen of music eh?

Saw the Cave gig as an afterthought, as I'd gone to that gig for SY, Bad Moon Rising had just come out which I'd heard bits of on Peel and it sounded suitably otherworldly to peak my interest (still does too). At one point during the gig Thurstons amp catches fire, and someone in the crowd shouts "put it out", to which Thurston replied in that laconic drawl, "NO, let it burn" and went on into 'World Looks Red' before stage crew paniced and ran on with extinguishers. Seminal rock moment I thought as a 17 year old..... was smitten by him/them from there on in.

This was from the same tour by the look of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLl9URnfm0

Unsung Forum Index