Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?

85 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2014, 14:20
Re: Um...
Oct 04, 2014, 14:17
Sin Agog wrote:
I actually prefer dubstep (and especially grime) the more brash and brutish and fast-tempo it is. It lends itself very well to a gunmetal grey eerie innercity late-night vibe, but fuck that I'm for dance at its most elemental. I adore how one of its latest transmutations is the weirdo Bubblegum Bass Pop of Pc Music courtesy of A.G. Cook. These are properly worth a play if you want to hear how genuinely inspired and fun the kids can get. Czech some of these mixes: https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/sets/mixes

Ha, nice. I like that PC Music stuff, Negativland meets dubstep bass. I completely concur on what you're saying about vibe, dark times and environments create dark music, its a vibe that's always worked for me. My main, and probably only complaints, are how badly produced most of it is and how much of it is purely lego compositions (usually with poor MCs). There is good in the forms, and enough people involved in it with just the right side of a musical sense of humour to keep me nosing around in it all. Grime hits the spot more frequently than dubstep does in that regard.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index