Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
veneta1
223 posts

Re: your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?
Oct 04, 2014, 17:25
dave clarkson wrote:
any band inclined to influence packs of beer swilling wankers to congregate to shout their lyrics out - example being Kaiser Chiefs. In fact any group likely to pull a big crowd as I don't like crowds of people and herd mentality anyway!

That'll be the Stone Roses and Oasis then.

My idea of hell, gig going wise, would have been the Stone Roses gig in Heaton Park from a few years back.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

As They've Come Up A Few Times ...
Oct 04, 2014, 19:33
... there's 2 hours and 20 minutes of Genesis on BBC 2 tonight.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely

Old Misery Guts
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Oct 04, 2014, 22:24
Getting older, I find it hard to be as vitriolic about bad records as I once was. But the Eagles still deserve their own particular circle of hell. As do various misogyny rappers.

Lots of stuff I really don't like at all though. Would include most American mid-70s rock (outside the Stooges), Clapton, Van Morrison, The Scorpions, Simply Red, Level 42, Alfie, Keane, poodle-metal, alt-country, big hair balladeers, I could go on and on. But actively hate? Not so much.

Album I can't stand: Let It Be
andreas
369 posts

Oct 05, 2014, 00:09
To my own regret, I formulated my question and my own reply too simple and a little bit too 'hatred'.
IMHO Eric Clapton stopped to be a musician after Cream, Phil Collins ( I won't agree to Siouxie Sioux's quote !)was good in Genesis and then he stopped to be a musician too, and ruined Genesis. But the Eagles and Steely Dan are really getting my head in ! I forgot Van Morrisson. IMHO he makes absolutely meaningless music !!!
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 05, 2014, 10:22
Re: As They've Come Up A Few Times ...
Oct 05, 2014, 10:16
Vybik Jon wrote:
... there's 2 hours and 20 minutes of Genesis on BBC 2 tonight.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely

Old Misery Guts

Strange programme. Strange selection of talking heads. Wouldn't have expected Kate Mossman to be a fan (or even an interested observer) in a million years. It tried too hard to make their pop songs seem that little bit less craven and attempted to do so by making their good music , at least to the uninitiated, appear to be little more than quirky early 70s period pieces. Phil Collins and Steve Hackett seemed to be the two you could possibly have a pint with. Banks and Rutherford not so much.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Re: Um...
Oct 05, 2014, 11:05
IanB wrote:
My other pet hate are people who play music on their phones on public transport. No bass at all. Kids today, eh? Don't know they're born etc etc ...

Yeah, if you're going to do that you should at least have the decency to lug an enormous stereo around on your shoulder ... or maybe trail it along behind you in some sort of cart. As it is it frequently just sounds like old over-the-ear headphones turned up deafeningly loudly.

It probably amuses me far too much that this phenomenon is termed 'sodcasting'.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 05, 2014, 19:24
absolutley, i would never even think to dislike an act solely because I didnt find them 'attractive enough' the best style in the world can turn a frog into a prince. To be honest i think its mainly men who put women down for their looks even if they are of great talent, how many times did i hear men criticizing kate bush and her size. I think women take in the whole package talent, style, image, personality all these things are part of someone actractivity (is that a word?)
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 05, 2014, 19:28
you are challenging any man to find them attractive? - that is extremely sexist - your view is subjective, you do not speak for mankind. At the time, i thought they were preety cool, and cute, i was 15 or something and i thought their look was a very positive role model for young alternative girls, they did their own thing and stood out from the crowd.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Oct 05, 2014, 20:03
Mrs Ahab wrote:
you are challenging any man to find them attractive? - that is extremely sexist - your view is subjective, you do not speak for mankind. At the time, i thought they were preety cool, and cute, i was 15 or something and i thought their look was a very positive role model for young alternative girls, they did their own thing and stood out from the crowd.

I don't think my comment is sexist in the least if they were ugly men I would say the same gender has no role in my comment whatsoever. Might not me a nice thing to say I agree but sexist,not at all.This thread is by virtue a negative thread so if you don't want youre feathers ruffled to read it.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=4+non+blondes&qpvt=4+non+blondes&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=B49FD8FB708F94DF2BBB4EFEB66DE39CC7938B82&selectedIndex=82
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Oct 05, 2014, 20:05
billding68 wrote:
Mrs Ahab wrote:

I don't think my comment is sexist in the least if they were ugly men I would say the same gender has no role in my comment whatsoever. Might not me a nice thing to say I agree but sexist,not at all.This thread is by virtue a negative thread so if you don't want youre feathers ruffled to read it.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=4+non+blondes&qpvt=4+non+blondes&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=B49FD8FB708F94DF2BBB4EFEB66DE39CC7938B82&selectedIndex=82

By the way my comment was not directed to men or women it was directed to the group as a whole why you would assume it was directed only to men only points out your own personal hangups.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index