Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?
Oct 03, 2014, 21:32
I know what you mean, but it does seem like fans do create a lot of weird little rules for these cats, who probably just dig going out there 'n' performing and don't want to stop. I s'pose there is something a bit seedy about exploiting the cache of an old band name. Also I wonder what's worse...the session drummer for that one Styx b-side going out and performing their greatest hits, or busting Jazz Odysseys on an unsuspecting public. Probably best to play it by ear than abide by a blanket rule like that. I know elegant_chaos, for example, has been a one man Post-Punk reformation institution and nailed it every time.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 03, 2014, 22:03
i dunno, some bands look fucking stupid and thats enough to put me off, so long as their music is shite too, cos on the other hand some of my faves probably look just as stupid. But a bands image is a big part of who they are and i think its justafiable to hate or love both their music and their image. I cant think of a band i like who i choose to ignore the fact i hate their image, but are more than a few who probably look better than they can play!
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Oct 04, 2014, 00:30
Sin Agog wrote:
I know elegant_chaos, for example, has been a one man Post-Punk reformation institution and nailed it every time.

Bit confused by that LOL
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Oct 04, 2014, 01:53
Mrs Ahab wrote:
i dunno, some bands look fucking stupid and thats enough to put me off, so long as their music is shite too, cos on the other hand some of my faves probably look just as stupid. But a bands image is a big part of who they are and i think its justafiable to hate or love both their music and their image. I cant think of a band i like who i choose to ignore the fact i hate their image, but are more than a few who probably look better than they can play!

Amen!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=4+non+blondes&qpvt=4+non+blondes&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=D4C33D1E08FFFA2B14E2EB91ACA31C6FF4256827&selectedIndex=88
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 04, 2014, 02:09
You can be bothered to agree though!

No surprise.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 04, 2014, 02:14
No argument on the image thing, but that's a whole different argument to deriding musicians because of how attractive they are.

I think there is a difference.
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Um...
Oct 04, 2014, 03:58
...an entire musical (?) genre, and those that produce it - I'm not sure what actual playing's involved or its just sampling. I don't even know its name. I like drum and bass sometimes, but perhaps its a variant of it... I only hear it coming from cars, at extreme vibrating volume. No drum, just a bass note. Often the same one over and over. T h r o b. Pause. T h r o b. Pause. Cont. Occupants must be deafened. The twats who tear up my local Morrisons car park at night play it. I fucking hate it. And them. It's......nothing.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Oct 04, 2014, 05:49
Vybik Jon wrote:
No argument on the image thing, but that's a whole different argument to deriding musicians because of how attractive they are.

I think there is a difference.

I never said they were bad because they are ugly I said they are bad AND they are ugly. Nothing Sexist about it nothing to do with their talent or lack thereof nothing to do with gender just an observation. My statement should have been they make shitty music and they are ugly...

tell me im wrong tell me they are cute(and I will call you a liar)
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=4+non+blondes&qpvt=4+non+blondes&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=E61C4F859555269F08A7F3B7008F10012CF71E9A&selectedIndex=1
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Oct 04, 2014, 07:57
The comment wasn't meant as a slight on yourself, my friend - it was only when I read back your quote that I realised that you'd used it. Apologies and respect anyway.

:-)
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2014, 09:31
Oct 04, 2014, 09:30
'And lo it down come to pass that St James Of Taylor didst come to dwell amongst the Caananites and verrily he didst boreth the shit out of them, and they didst become sorely vexed and didst cast him out and banish him to the Land Of Nod where he didst go down a fucking storm '

Amen
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index