Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 02, 2014, 16:24
Re: your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?
Oct 02, 2014, 16:24
Robot Emperor wrote:
IanB wrote:
andreas wrote:
I really hate all of them: Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton (except his Cream - time), Van Morrison, Joe Cocker and at last the Eagles and Steely Dan !

I quickly came to loathe the contents of the CofE hymn book that dominated school assemblies in the 60s and 70s. A few bars of any of the regulars will have my hackles rising. National anthems fulfil a similar function and suffer from the same degree of empty pomp and mawkishness.

Hate is a strong word for pop musicians and their output but any music that celebrates oafishness and ignorance should be handled with suspicion!

Lord Of The Dance still kicks arse though. Was the only one my school used to really get their teeth into. Usually it was only the few remaining teachers who had been in the war that you could hear singing.

Ha! I will have to block my ears for that one too I am afraid. Especially as Lord of the Dance boasts the triple distinction (if that is indeed the word) of invoking not only the supporters of Chelsea FC and the dubious merits of Michael Flatley but also the BBC's Music and Movement radio show. On the upside at least the idea of making primary school children dance around in their vests and pants for the amusement of adults is unlikely to be making a comeback any time soon.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 16:30
Bono,Niki Minaj,Beiber,Beyonce,Timberlake,Most all of the rap played on the radio in the U.S.,bands with only one original member who continue to tour cashing in on their past success(Berlin,flock of seagulls,Starship,missing persons,etc...)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 19:48
IanB wrote:

I quickly came to loathe the contents of the CofE hymn book that dominated school assemblies in the 60s and 70s. A few bars of any of the regulars will have my hackles rising.

Oh God, yes. I have a particularly psychotic hatred of "Kumbaya", as that was my primary school headmaster's favourite hymn, and he never tired of making us sing it at least twice a week. Just a few days ago I walked past a busker who was singing it in White City tube station -had to resist the urge to do a John Belushi, snatch his guitar out of his hands and smash it to a pulp!
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 20:41
Playing on repeat forever in my own personal seventh circle of hell are Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start The Fire', Joan Osborne's 'One Of Us', and 4 Non-Blondes' 'What's Up?' aka 'What's Gooiiiinnnngggggg Onnnnnnnnn?????'

I'm pretty confident that most of the ills of the modern world can be traced back the existence of these three songs.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 20:51
oh yes, they are top of my list too, the way they so cleverly write for the stupid middle aged woman and every little girl, lyricly they hit the lowest common denominator every time - thus get the hits - shes so lovely - ugh, if any man wrote a song like that for me i would punch him and tell him to go away and try fucking harder!
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Edited Oct 02, 2014, 20:55
Oct 02, 2014, 20:53
freddy and the dreamers, ever since i was a kid, what a twat , who said to him - i know whatll make you look really cool - do a really fucking stupid dance - it'll match your really stupid voice and your stupid face thats for sure.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 22:17
Fatalist wrote:
Playing on repeat forever in my own personal seventh circle of hell are Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start The Fire', Joan Osborne's 'One Of Us', and 4 Non-Blondes' 'What's Up?' aka 'What's Gooiiiinnnngggggg Onnnnnnnnn?????'

I'm pretty confident that most of the ills of the modern world can be traced back the existence of these three songs.

My God I HATE that 4 non-blondes "song" just the look of them is cringe worthy unless you have a thing for VERY unattractive women.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 03, 2014, 00:25
Yeah, really can't be doing with anything which might possibly be referred to as "Yacht Rock". I actually live on a yacht, and I'd prefer it to sink than be caught listening to that soft rock shit. I also tend to hate any band which relies heavily on power [and, to a lesser extent, barre] chords. Not sure who originated this style, but it's shucked the listening public into listening to notes-which-sound-like-melodies instead of actual melodies. Examples: U2, Arcade Fire, Bruce Springsteen etc. Fuck those three in particular. I also really dislike Rush, Metallica, Aerosmith, basically all of that stodgy '80s equivalents of Yacht Rock which inspired that shite Tom Cruise & Russell Brand film.

And yet I think Halls & Oates are kinda catchy. :D
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Oct 03, 2014, 01:07
Sin Agog wrote:
Yeah, really can't be doing with anything which might possibly be referred to as "Yacht Rock". I actually live on a yacht, and I'd prefer it to sink than be caught listening to that soft rock shit. I also tend to hate any band which relies heavily on power [and, to a lesser extent, barre] chords. Not sure who originated this style, but it's shucked the listening public into listening to notes-which-sound-like-melodies instead of actual melodies. Examples: U2, Arcade Fire, Bruce Springsteen etc. Fuck those three in particular. I also really dislike Rush, Metallica, Aerosmith, basically all of that stodgy '80s equivalents of Yacht Rock which inspired that shite Tom Cruise & Russell Brand film.

And yet I think Halls & Oates are kinda catchy. :D

Love Hall and Oates and Rush is still on of my all time favorites (even if they are shit) they do know their way around instruments unlike springsteen etc..who cant play their way out of a paper sack.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 03, 2014, 01:17
Actually, I haven't listened to enough Rush to really hate them. I think I tried ages back, got annoyed at the timbre of the singer's voice, then read some shit about Ayn Rand and ended up knee-jerk auto-hating them. The others I've delved into, and been imposed on enough by, to be self-assured and confident and hot diggly darn cocksure about my hatred. Rush's name just popped into my head.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index