Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
andreas
369 posts

your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?
Oct 02, 2014, 01:07
I really hate all of them: Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton (except his Cream - time), Van Morrison, Joe Cocker and at last the Eagles and Steely Dan !
Kid Calamity
9040 posts

Re: your most hatred bands / singers / musicians albums you can't stand ?
Oct 02, 2014, 07:54
All of these artistes have produced stuff I like, at some point. Yes - even Phil Collins.
Mr Crowley
Mr Crowley
184 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 08:56
Pink Floyd
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 09:34
Kid Calamity wrote:
All of these artistes have produced stuff I like, at some point. Yes - even Phil Collins.

Ditto. Perversely love it when someone on my personal shit list pulls it out the bag and makes me question my prejudices against their music. Even Boney M have some killer tunes.

I think your talking about irrational hatred toward an artist that outweighs criticism of their music. Something about Bob Geldof, even above his appalling music and dodgy business interests in Africa irritates me beyond the balance of his sins.

I am also convinced that Ray Davies is a raging misanthrope but have little evidence save a few lyrics that drive me up the wall.
Kid Calamity
9040 posts

Edited Oct 02, 2014, 09:42
Oct 02, 2014, 09:41
Mick Hucknell ran a very favourably respected roots reggae label, that gave a lot of overlooked artistes a new lease of commercial life. Yes, Even ol' gingernuts has a redeeming feature.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 11:29
andreas wrote:
I really hate all of them: Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton (except his Cream - time), Van Morrison, Joe Cocker and at last the Eagles and Steely Dan !

I quickly came to loathe the contents of the CofE hymn book that dominated school assemblies in the 60s and 70s. A few bars of any of the regulars will have my hackles rising. National anthems fulfil a similar function and suffer from the same degree of empty pomp and mawkishness.

Hate is a strong word for pop musicians and their output but any music that celebrates oafishness and ignorance should be handled with suspicion!
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 11:31
Scouting For Girls.
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 11:47
IanB wrote:
andreas wrote:

I quickly came to loathe the contents of the CofE hymn book that dominated school assemblies in the 60s and 70s. A few bars of any of the regulars will have my hackles rising. National anthems fulfil a similar function and suffer from the same degree of empty pomp and mawkishness.

Hate is a strong word for pop musicians and their output but any music that celebrates oafishness and ignorance should be handled with suspicion!

Lord Of The Dance still kicks arse though. Was the only one my school used to really get their teeth into. Usually it was only the few remaining teachers who had been in the war that you could hear singing.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 12:29
Bono, above all others. I can't think of anyone else in music I'd level hatred at, but there are plenty filed under strong dislike.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Oct 02, 2014, 14:57
I fully hate "Runaround" by Blues Traveller and "Spinning Wheels" by Blood Sweat and Tears. Either of those songs will abruptly change my mood to outrage, and I will openly mock anyone who loves those songs.

Probably "Joy To The World" by Three Dog Night would invoke the same reaction.

I don't hate any one band or singer outright, though some come close.
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index