Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Re: This Was Jethro Tull
Apr 17, 2014, 13:02
Fitter Stoke wrote:
No, not really.

Anderson effectively spilt Tull after 'Stormwatch', with only the ever-faithful Martin Barre remaining for future line ups. As a result, the albums became patchy at best. I find any one of them hard to get through in one sitting, but if you really feel inclined to invest then 'Crest of a Knave' is probably the best one - if you can tolerate some blatant Mark Knopfleresque sounds. As it is, I'd struggle to fill a single CD with the really good tracks from 'Stormwatch' onwards - and I still consider myself a fan.

Remember them this way: 'This Was', 'Stand Up', 'Benefit', 'Aqualung', 'Living In The Past', 'Thick As A Brick', 'A Passion Play', 'Warchild', 'Minstrel In The Gallery', 'Too Old To Rock'n'Roll', 'Songs From The Wood', 'Heavy Horses', and 'Live - Bursting Out'. That's more than enough fine records for any rock band, doncha think?

You lost me at Knopfleresque. The classic period is indeed more than enough. I have a confession to make though. I haven't heard Warchild, and I only heard Too Old To Rock and Roll... a few times in a taverna in Greece. It didn't really do much for me. Perhaps I should give it another try.

Unsung Forum Index