Kate Bush

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Re: Kate Bush
Aug 28, 2014, 13:44
Ta. Bit of a curveball.... I wonder if she'll record with them - apparently she's said this is just the start. Saw Hakim with Utopia way back, iirc
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Aug 28, 2014, 14:07
spencer wrote:
Ta. Bit of a curveball.... I wonder if she'll record with them - apparently she's said this is just the start. Saw Hakim with Utopia way back, iirc

It wouldn't surprise me if she records with them. There was a definite atmosphere of a tight-knit gang about her and the band. Lots of looks and smiles exchanged. Very comfortable, no hint of nerves, no anxious looks for cues etc. They all seemed v confident and relaxed. I suppose that comes from working on something so intensely together.
Omar Hakim was really fantastic and I thought David Rhodes was great too.

Bertie did well!
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Aug 28, 2014, 18:55
I found myself idly riffling through the very crap Metro newspaper this morning, over breakfast (I've been traveling) and saw a story about the first Kate Bush show, of this run. They were claiming that some people are demanding refunds 'cos certain songs weren't performed. We really are becoming a bunch of pampered babies.
machineryelf
3679 posts

Aug 28, 2014, 19:45
Seemed that the shows were billed and thre t shirts read as being by the K Collective Mrs Elf and myself did wonder if that was an indication that this was a band going forward together.Certainly hope so as they were absolutely brilliant together
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: Kate Bush - warning contains spoilers
Aug 28, 2014, 19:53
Couple of things - the yellow confetti that exploded into the audience seemed to have something written on it , any idea what it was, did notice that Kate picked one up and read it so it seemed as if shewasn't expecting whatever it was

9th Wave not sure how much of a surprise this was to everyone else, seemed comon knowledge once I read upa bit but it certainly gave me a shock, absolutely love the songs and live it was unbeliveable, ì certainly went home a happy bunny
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Aug 28, 2014, 20:27
Wave after wave, each mightier than the last, till last a ninth one, gathering half the deep and full of voices, slowly rose and plunged, roaring, and all the wave was in a flame
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Aug 28, 2014, 20:48
I did try for tickets, when it was all first announced, and would've dearly loved to have experienced Kate's eccentric visionary and unique twist on a rock concert.

After such a long time outta focus, this does seem a gruelling and daunting run of shows, doesn't it? Why didn't she choose to stagger it a bit?
machineryelf
3679 posts

Aug 28, 2014, 20:59
Ta, not an advert for a new lp or a link to confetticannonforhire.com then
wychburyman
951 posts

Hot news
Aug 28, 2014, 21:04
machineryelf wrote:
Ta, not an advert for a new lp or a link to confetticannonforhire.com then

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/kate-bush-to-lead-audience-away-like-a-pied-piper-2014082689884
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: Hot news
Aug 29, 2014, 08:04
Ha ha.I'm wondering what the effect of confetti cannon will have on an already enthusiatic mooncat. Total meltdown probably. Poor lad will be scarred for life
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index