Unsung Forum »
ZZ Top Eurotour Headsup

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

ZZ Top Eurotour Headsup
Jan 18, 2014, 01:31
I really, really want to see them again..haven't since the Eliminator tour, and didn't know about the last UK visit till it was sold out..anyhoo, just checked their website and there's a few dates announced over in Europe in June and July, so UK probably in offing. Eyes peeled because if they're playing indoor gigs those tix'll go.... Just sayin
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2014, 11:07
Re: ZZ Top Eurotour Headsup
Feb 07, 2014, 11:01
Eurotour taking shape... no UK dates announced yet, but should be imminent. Early July. http://zztop.com/events
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 07, 2014, 18:21
Never liked their 80s stuff.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2014, 21:10
Feb 07, 2014, 18:45
spencer wrote:
I really, really want to see them again..haven't since the Eliminator tour, and didn't know about the last UK visit till it was sold out..anyhoo, just checked their website and there's a few dates announced over in Europe in June and July, so UK probably in offing. Eyes peeled because if they're playing indoor gigs those tix'll go.... Just sayin

Interesting. I got to see them twice on the Afterburner tour, which was 86 or 87, and they were just brilliant. The only other occasion was at Brixton in the early 80s when they were not playing to a click and Frank Beard had a horrible night where it all got v messy indeed. A bit 50/50 about seeing them again. One of those memories I don't want to water down.
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Feb 07, 2014, 20:14
I understand where you're coming from, Ian. There are several that I have decided, like you, that I'd rather cherish the memory than see again, and there is also the instinct thing. I reckon mines pretty good. I've just browsed a review or two before this missive, and they seem to affirm that they can still cut it. They're not a band that I listen to much these days, but nonetheless I remain fond of them. One more time live'll do me.. it just feels like unfiished business and a experience I wouldn't regret. They are not the band I hope to see most this year, though.That is not The Necks(!) but King Crimson, the three drum lineup of which commenced rehearsals this week. I wouldn't kill for a ticket... just playfully stab. I sense they will make new music every bit as good as their back catalogue. I haven't set eyes on Fripp since Islands' debut. That is, er, way too long. Needs must.
Unsung Forum Index