Myers
Myers
151 posts

Re: Julian cancels Belfast show - extremely disappointing reason given
Dec 30, 2013, 14:59
Deargdoom wrote:
billding68 wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
This does make all the gun-toting skeletal, white Huey Newtonisms seem especially poseury.

Give the guy a break! Why would you willingly go into a situation where you feel you AND your crew may be in danger ( no matter how small or real) this isn't just about Julian but also his band or crew roadies etc.... I know how situations can be blown out of proportion but you can't fault the guy for being safe rather than sorry.

Utter bollocks! How come Primal Scream,BRMC,Eels,British Sea Power,John Grant,Biffy Clyro,Elvis Costello,Chic,Queens Of The Stone Age and many,many more have all played gigs in either Derry or Belfast this year without a hint of trouble? If you give into the bullies you make a statement and that statement is 'the bullies win'. My wife called me last year after being evacuated from work due to a bomb scare.Whilst she was on the phone the bomb went off half a mile away.She was in work the next day.Cope needs to grow a pair.

Ultimately, though, it is his choice. And one he is free to make, you may not agree with it, you may be disappointed in him but as has been said before, he owes you nothing.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index