Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: "Mercurial Metaphor"... new batch of my original improv music
Sep 10, 2013, 21:38
zphage wrote:
Lawrence wrote:
Sounds like you've been using alot of reverb and phasing this time around.

indeed, good stuff, Dave

add some echo, and pulse

and you will be in the Drudion

I don't make any claims to musical genius, but I do think I have some degree of credibility as a DIY musician, seeing how long I've been at it... it's an integral body of 'work', if you want to call it that.

It's been interesting on a dispassionate level to see how far many people will go to avoid acknowledging that I'm putting this stuff out. I have some running thoughts and theories regarding this. Mostly it's that homegrown music has suffered because the industry has entrained the culture to believe only that which has certain qualities of distribution and promotion is worthy of listening to. So it's not so much I'm avoided as anyone who presumes to home release is avoided.

My music's a creative path to accompany all the other ones that I compulsively explore. I see it as an integral component of my artist's journey. It covers emotional territory that can't be described by drawings... I've always had friends far more capable than I with music, but I think my pursuit of it could be interesting to some, being as its divorced from 'the music business' almost entirely.

Thanks for listening...

Unsung Forum Index