Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 30, 2013, 09:57
Re: But Rave o lution is super!
May 30, 2013, 09:44
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
People are discussing the merits of Cope from the last 10 years or so, mentioning that for instance Rome and Black Sheep were the last great works by the man, and that his current trip doesn't agree with them. Album wise i would tend to agree ( i haven't actually heard The Unruly Imagination, but maybe i would add that to). Certainly Psychedelic Revolution didn't do much for me.

I think Unruly Imagination is the one that does this particular period the greatest justice. Very good collection of tunes and ironically for a rag bag it sounds like the one with the most thought and effort put into it. Well worth a go. Even the Pete Townshend meets Tom Robinson bits.

Agree about Psych Rev. That one, Woden and Wasted Fuzz did my head in. So much so that they made The Jehovah Coat Demos sound like a really good purchase.

There is a part of me that just thinks that the whole Black Sheep thing is one big joke at the expense of the people who bitched and moaned about the Kiss / Van Halen reviews and Cope's Metal years. To my ears there is more than hint of "how are you liking me now?" about these releases.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index