88 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: When did indie music go tits up?
May 03, 2013, 18:58
Moon Cat wrote:
Pete Doherty - The Patron Saint of Oversold, Hyped, Underachieving, Skag- Deluded, scrotum-tug the middle aged Mojo lickers, absolute nexus of the square root of fuck all, and yet was held as an icon of anything at all?!! And the ridiculous amounts of column inches devoted to gigs HE DIDN'T TURN UP FOR BUT HEY, THAT's CRAZY PETE! And king of Cunt Hats. Squadgy faced, tuneless goon made being not that good actually, sub poet-rock as BLAND selfwank juice, a sellable quality by and for suckers. Never did an audience and their Prince of Relentless Indie-Void (and he treated those suckers like turd) so deserve each other. Was always tempted to nuke a venue he was playing at in the name of pest control but chances are the fuckhole woulda been too busy rolling around in his own snot and mythology to turn up.

Did you ever see him interviewed by Kirsty Walk on Newsnight. I like KW normally but this was tragic, ignorant, fawning nonsense that could only have been redeemed / explained by her ending the interview with "can I be your Mummy?". I guess he has that effect on people with a weakness for human reclamation projects ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxMtLEOvWqQ
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index