The Return Of The Thin White Duke!

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: The Return Of The Thin White Duke!
Jan 08, 2013, 17:18
Bowie's thang has always been finding marketing chinks and reaming the hell out of 'em. This just seems to be another fitting example of that.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 17:23
Sin Agog wrote:
Bowie's thang has always been finding marketing chinks and reaming the hell out of 'em. This just seems to be another fitting example of that.

Yeah, but it looks to me (and this is just an opinion of course) like something that was maaaaaaybe a germ of a good idea sometime when and it's kind of still-born in the execution of it. Instead of being "oooh how clever and naughty", which in itself can result in fairly rubbish things, it looks a bit...well, 'tired' and 'meh' to me.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 17:26
It does remind me of some of the fashionably vague slogans you see on the marine parade here in Brighton. I think the last one said something like: "I am me being. I am being me" or some similar waterheaded nonsense. It's a very Nathan Barley-esque cover. Plus white circles are so much more eye-pleasing!
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 17:28
You think it might be Bowie embracing the idea of Yellowism?

http://www.thisisyellowism.com/
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 17:30
Sin Agog wrote:
It does remind me of some of the fashionably vague slogans you see on the marine parade here in Brighton. I think the last one said something like: "I am me being. I am being me" or some similar waterheaded nonsense. It's a very Nathan Barley-esque cover. Plus white circles are so much more eye-pleasing!

Yes! Nathan Barley! Exactly. An in-joke that about 2 people find funny as national marketing campaign. A circle would have been better I agree. The square is well drab.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jan 08, 2013, 17:31
Jan 08, 2013, 17:31
The Thin Yellow Duke?

Well, I'm sure if he wants to go around defacing Rothko pics etc, he can at least afford to have 'em fixed.
MysteryK
MysteryK
10 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 17:33
Thanks!
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 17:36
It would have been a bit more dangerous if he'd put the blank square over an album by another artiste. Say, Coldplay or something equally bland and in need of dissing.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 17:40
I still think Lady Gaga's Born This Way wins in the "Y'what?!" stakes.

http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImages/3/5/5/9/3/6/5/1/15639553_700x700min_1.jpg
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Jan 08, 2013, 18:01
You're telling me..and I've known a few...but he's a VERY NICE MAN. Which makes up for it. Almost. But until the effects wear off just make sure he doesn't go awandering up Caer Caradoc in the gloaming looking for his hair, ok?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index