9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 31, 2012, 00:16
Re: Vinyl article
Dec 30, 2012, 23:07
The Hidden Corner wrote:

I've just enjoyed listening to the latest PiL album on vinyl - all 4 sides - I don't think I'd have reached the end if I had the CD. There's something about the gap between changing sides that gives me a choice of either deciding that's enough of that particular album or committing myself for the duration. My 18 year old son seems to have inherited this trait and actively seeks out vinyl by the (modern) bands that he listens to. Between the 2 of us we totally conform to the upper and lower ranges of the demographic suggested in the Guardian article.

You saying that kind of refers to one of the reasons why I like it when Copey produces his works in the bookleted and nicely packaged double CD format on occasion, despite it being apparent that the music would fit on one CD. I enjoy the 'double album' aspect of it, the sense of 'artefacts' and, I find at least, it makes you listen to it with that sense of a willingness to complete the 'journey' rather than adopt a CD/MP3 type track filter/skip attitude.

Unsung Forum Index