Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Edited Jun 12, 2012, 15:42
Re: Music You Just Can't GET
Jun 12, 2012, 15:39
Moon Cat wrote:
Astralcat wrote:

I don't know what's going on anymore. Yesterday, in retropsepct, I may have been a bit tetchy due to chronic toothache and a shite day at work (my impacted wisdom tooth is holding a festival in my jaw) and being dosed up to the gills on co-dydramol and being very tired and jazzmotional due to lack of a previous nights sleep doesn't help either.

It's only marginally better today. Not in the best frame of mind right now.

Speaking for myself dude I hope you don't go, flounce whatever....

Thing is, what I personally find a bit difficult to square sometimes is the notion of your good self as a kaftan-wearing, chakra-juggling, crystal nibbling, ley lining, incense sniffing hippy fellow, supposedly a purveyor of posi-vibes and melloness, that somehow always seems at their most animated and energetic when pretty much slagging every thing off in the cosmos. It kinda dilutes the good vibes, such as they may be, when one is faced with a 50 NEGAton blow-out of Victor Meldrewisms when the person concerned presents the world with a rainbow-hued peacenik aura, if you see what I mean?

I personally, and for good reason, have a problem with possible 'bitter hippies' and I shall tell you why. One Glastonbury, many moons ago, we were camping next to a friendly enough bunch one of whom had clearly just passed his "Hippie 101" and was very keen to show his credentials. So, this fellow was Chakra Chief, Crystal gazer, good vibes, Up the Tor, smoke me Kaftan incarnate. But, when he'd had a few drinks, the facade dropped and he was the moaningest, slag-offiest, conservative (with a small C), bitter cos the world wasn't like he wanted it, small minded fuck in Avalon. And it was worse cos he hid all this under the tye-dye bonhomie that was his armour and disguise. If he'd just been a moaning cunt, that woulda been better. But to spew buckets of bile relentlessly at everyone and everything and then suggest a group hug and bongo sesh after was the pits. So I'm understanably wary of these things.
His name was Steve by the way, if you wish to avoid 8^)

That's what I've been trying to say all along - it's intended to be just good natured tongue in cheek banter, and the Victor Meldrewisms especially! I'm a fully paid up hippy and proud and I caricature myself for a laugh as well. I thought that was obvious (by the way, my cosmic credentials are entirely genuine and I do hug ley lines and collect crystals). Anyway, I'm bigger than Jesus. So there.

Vibe-a-com.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index