186 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Re: Music You Just Can't GET
Jun 12, 2012, 11:32
Kid Calamity wrote:
The usual problem has returned, where folk can't hear a tone of voice or see an ironic smile from the person posting. Astalcat, knowing you, as I do I can visualise that, but some of those posts you put in there, if you detatch yourself from knowing who you are, might come across as a bit... erm, snippy.

I've often had to read and reread some of my own stuff before posting it, for that very reason - and often go and quickly edit posts, before anyone can read it.

True, there does seem to be a few alliances, where somebody may jump to somebody's defence a little quicker and more aggressively, but that's just the real life thing creeping in. We deal with it 'out there' easily enough, so just have to utilise such equipment here, too. Avoid conversations with folk you've had any unpleasant exchanges with for a few weeks - and then try conversing with them later. By which time they may have read some of your other posts and be more responsive and cordial.

Some folk continue to 'leapfrog' my posts, preferring to reply to the post before. It may be because they think I'm a dick - but, it may be because I was in danger of steering the thread elsewhere. It's like being down the pub a bit, really. Only with a better jukebox.

Fair comment KC. It's very hard to communicate humour and good natured flippancy - anyone that knows me at all from here or in real life knows that I may have my faults, but snippy or po-faced are not among them. It's pub style banter, joshing and just having a bit of a laugh, but online. I don't make serious posts here, and I don't make political ones anymore either. I tend to vent my political spleen on FB, which represents a closer relation to the reality of the person than random posts in an online forum anyway.

Right. I'm off down the Deli soon to get some groovy cheese and cosmic olives. Ipod set to stun. It's Jazz Jim, but not as we know it..... :-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index