Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Apr 18, 2012, 21:44
Re: Which Kiss albums?
Apr 18, 2012, 21:43
My favorite studio albums are "Hotter Than Hell" (sludgy glam on a cough syrup binge), "Dressed To Kill" (concept album about groupie sex) and "Rock N Rollover" (also a concept album about groupie sex!)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 18, 2012, 22:19
I've decided to spend it on Morrisey CDs to burn instead.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 18, 2012, 22:21
Dog 3000 wrote:
My favorite studio albums are "Hotter Than Hell" (sludgy glam on a cough syrup binge), "Dressed To Kill" (concept album about groupie sex) and "Rock N Rollover" (also a concept album about groupie sex!)

I can't decide between Hotter Than Hell and Creatures of the Night now! Might have to buy more than 2. Will probably regret it, like eating too many sweets.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Apr 19, 2012, 08:39
Apr 19, 2012, 08:09
radagast wrote:
[quote="Squid Tempest"

How about a 52 year old testosterone-driven dumbhead? Do I still qualify?[/quote]

In that case you don't need Kiss anyway. IMNSHO Kiss only words for blokes who want to remember how it feels beeing 16 again and find out temporarily killing your brain with as much alcohol as available just doens't do the trick.

I could be tempted to make a similar case against whole Psych Rock savant drug casualty ambulance-chaser thing (drool is just drool if you are the one mopping it up) but this is a broad church needing an open mind. Kiss is a cartoon, a fantasy built on the best pop metal money can buy. You clearly like a bit of Tolkein (whose works are also no stranger to excessive merchandising) so I am sure you can see the appeal on that level at least. To my ear anyone trying to find some critical daylight between the Chuck Berry, MC5, The Dolls, Pistols and Kiss are kind of missing the point of what this music is for.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Apr 19, 2012, 08:48
I thought iit was supposeed to be the 1st 3 lps but the original versions had some of the worst pressings ever and sounded extremely muddy.
So off the top of my head that's s/t,Dressed to Kill and one other.
Hopefully the remaster has cleared them up nicely.

Plus the first Alive is supremely necessary. EXcess is the best? it even has listenable drum solos from what i recall of having the vinyl.

Also check out the Frightwig version of He which is their version of Kiss's She. Bassist of Frightwig is now in Flipper who I hope some of you got to see or are about to. Can't remember the exact dates cos they weren't coming anywhere near here and the course means I couldn't travel to where they are.

Stevo
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 19, 2012, 08:58
Speaks for itself doesn't it?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 19, 2012, 08:59
Moon Cat wrote:
You don't like 'em fine. Kind of mean-spirited to have a pop at those that do, particularly in the context of a thread where someone is simply asking fans for some advice.

If this was a thread called "I think KISS are the best thing ever. Argue with me", yeah, feel free, fill your boots, wade in, if that's how you roll.

To me, your response was basically the equivalent of being a bloke standing in pub, overhearing two people talking about something they happen to like and that you happen to NOT like and thus insisting on diving in to tell them how shit the thing they like is and how stupid they are for liking it.
Uneccesary, unwarranted and fairly unpleasant.

(Why is it that chakra-obsessed hippies, supposedly avatars of tolerance and understanding, are often the most bleh-bleh-bleh don't like that, that's shit, people are stupid types? What happened to peace and love, man?)

Peas and loafs.

That's shit man, are you stupid?
Tie Dye Squid
x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 19, 2012, 10:05
I got Rock n Roll Over and Hotter Than Hell on my way in this morning. The reason I chose Hotter Than Hell over Creatures of the Night? I prefer the cover.

Me? Shallow?
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Apr 19, 2012, 10:17
Ha!

Funnily enough, Hotter Than Hell was the first KISS album that I ever bought back in 77...(had already heard my Bro's copy of Alive!)

Why did I choose it?.......The cover!.....Although, I recognised the songs from Alive!
keith a
9570 posts

Apr 19, 2012, 16:39
Squid Tempest wrote:
I've decided to spend it on Morrisey CDs to burn instead.

That's still preferable to listening to a Kiss one.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index