Public Image announce first new material for 20 years

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Public Image announce first new material for 20 years
Feb 21, 2012, 10:39
‘Public Image Ltd’ confirm their first new material in 20 years with the release of will the EP ‘One Drop’ which will be released for ‘Record Store Day’ on April 21st
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Re: Public Image announce first new material for 20 years
Feb 21, 2012, 15:59
Ah, but will it be any good? Hope so. Ta for 'eads up.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 21, 2012, 18:31
Heard a new track on the radio the other day, wasn't up to much.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Feb 21, 2012, 19:16
I thought it sounded pretty good, myself. Maybe a different track? 6Music had it on a few days ago, in their breakfast show.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 21, 2012, 20:04
yeah was on 6, I wasn't impressed with it to be honest
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Feb 21, 2012, 20:15
Be afraid, my friends... be VERY afraid. Revivals always generally SUCKS.
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Feb 21, 2012, 20:33
I have to say I'm a bit narked with PiL - having been quick off the mark and copped myself two tickets to their gig at the relatively small Concorde 2 Brighton gig for Aug 16 which sold out in 24 hours, I see they've announced a second night on Aug 15 (ie the night before the originally announced gig) - somehow this makes the whole thing less exciting for me - not sure why, probably some supressed and misguided form of elitism on my part. I hope Wobble and Levene tour the UK - I'd far sooner see them than PiL
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 21, 2012, 22:01
They are touring yes, around Mayish. Their called Metal Box in Dub, and do PiL as it should be done! :0)
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Feb 21, 2012, 22:24
Captain Starlet wrote:
They are touring yes, around Mayish. Their called Metal Box in Dub, and do PiL as it should be done! :0)

Excellent news - thanks for the tip off CS - do you have insider info on this - and if so, please recommend that they come to Brighton - in fact I was at a weird gig they played together in Brighton c 1989, although I couldn't actually see them - too much dry ice or something like that - all I remember was Wobble's bass was so heavy the speakers couldn't cope and it sounded terrible.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 22, 2012, 11:25
Keith's a good friend of mine, he spends a fair bit of time down here in sunny Newport. Both him and Wobs are really excited about doing them actually, when I know the tour dates I'll post them up here, all I know so far is there's a festival down Swansea way and a show in Manchester, but it's all got to be confirmed yet. Levene and Wobble's EP's good if you've not heard it.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index