Keith A / Big Blood CDs

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Keith A / Big Blood CDs
Dec 03, 2011, 11:56
Maybe it's because I've lived with the others for so long I've gotten a bit fanboyish about what they're "supposed to sound like", but I did think Dead Songs smoothed away most of the edges that made records like Space Gallery so delicious to me. It did have some good songwriting though and I've still yet to dislike a record by them.

She-Wanderer's also quite a beauty. Great choice.

The earlier records might sound a wee bit more like a swampy Appalachian psyche-folk band reared on nothing but Wild Honey Pie and the Anthology of American Folk Music than Big Blood's more recent endeavours, but the tunes are so good I shouldn't think it'll be a problem. If you dug those songs I posted, you should like the rest of their catalogue.

Chuffed to see the word of mouth is slowly spreading on this band.
eyeshakingking
eyeshakingking
379 posts

Dec 03, 2011, 12:31
They constantly re-press all of their albums that were self-released on their label 'Don't Trust The Ruin'(both on cdr and on cassette).

Check it here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/dontrustheruin

Although they are out of stock of pretty much everything now, they did mention on their blog that everything would be re-stocked soon enough, when the next batch from DTTR drops. They're usually quite cheap and sometimes the items are more uniquely 'customised' on the 2nd,3rd,4th... go around, so if I were you, I'd hold off and go direct.
keith a
9565 posts

Dec 03, 2011, 13:11
Fair point, but hard to resist getting them now at those prices (almost half the price than it cost for me to get DCM at the star of the year)
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Dec 03, 2011, 14:05
Sin Agog wrote:
If your belt's gettin' a little tight, I'd recommend buying one or two then grabbing some of the others off there if you've still got an itch for more (you will).

Took your advice even before you'd posted it :) Ordered Dead Songs and then downloaded the 12 albums on the Free Music Archive. Got to say I was so tempted to 'do a Keith' - I even got as far as adding all those CDs to my basket then thought 'I'm too skint for this'. I'll pick 'em all up in the new year if Norman's are still doing them for such crazy low low prices.

Thanks Sin!
keith a
9565 posts

Dec 03, 2011, 14:30
mingtp wrote:

Got to say I was so tempted to 'do a Keith' - I even got as far as adding all those CDs to my basket then thought 'I'm too skint for this'.

I really shouldn't have either. I'll treat it as a xmas present to myself!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Dec 03, 2011, 17:49
Ain't no thang. Hope you end up liking Dead Songs a bit more than I did.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Dec 06, 2011, 15:48
Sin Agog wrote:
Ain't no thang. Hope you end up liking Dead Songs a bit more than I did.

What's not to like? I think it's great.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Nov 10, 2012, 17:18
There's a really personal ten-minute glimpse inside Colleeb, Calleb and a few local Portland heads' heads on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2zmoioA0gg

It looks to be part of a series of profiles on Freeky Folk bands like Sunburned Hand of Man, Mv & EE and Feathers. Will have to watch a few more as I really loved this one on Big Blood. I hadn't heard most of the music being played and seeing all their artwork feels like peering into a Czech puppetmaker's thoughts.
keith a
9565 posts

Nov 10, 2012, 21:24
Ooh! Will have to watch this when I get a minute, thanks.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jun 29, 2017, 14:01
New album The Daughters Union. Very good so far (4 tracks in). Came out 2 weeks ago apparently.

Free d/load Here

Enjoy
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index