Albums Of The Year 2011 CE

122 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2356 posts

Re: Albums Of The Year 2011 CE
Oct 29, 2011, 12:30
There could still be some goodies to come. Thought on the whole it was a great year for the kinda stuff I like, but meantime, in terms of what got played the most, it goes a little something like tjhis...

TV Ghost - Mass Dream
Tarwater - Inside The Ships
Lumarians - Transmillinia
Eno - Drums Between The Bells
Religious Knives - Smokescreen
Nightbeats - Nightbeat
Fujiya & Miyagi - Ventroloquizzing
Datashock - Pyramiden van Giessen
Jonas Reinhardt - Music From The Tactile Dome
Julian Cope The Jehovahcoat Demos
Suuns - Zeroes QC & Zeros EP
Thurston Moore - Demolished Thoughts
Follakzoid - IV,III II I EP
Peking Lights - 936
The Advisory Circle - As The Crow Flies
Ghostpoe - Peanut Butter Blues And Melancholy Jam

Compilations

Those Shocking, Shaking Days: Indonesian Hard, Psychedelic, Progressive Rock and Funk 1970-1978

Four Tet - Fabric Live 59

Rough Trade Shops Psych Folk 10
(yeah I know it was from last year, but I only got it a while ago...great selection of tunes, with only two that I skip...introduced me to loads of cool new stuff too)

Near misses...

Grails - Deep Politics
Hasn't got under my skin as much as previous Grails releases, but to be fair, I haven't played it a whole lot so far.

Oneida - Absolute II
For Oneida, This Sucks! disappointment of the year if I'm honest.

Horrors - Skying
As my daughter said, "why are they still called the Horrors", there's no gnarly garage here. Still liked there brand of shoegazery well enough, but still just lacked a little 'something' for me.

Circle - Infectio
They've been off the boil for a few years now, but each album has it's moments, and for me on this one it's the 15 minute 'Salvos'. The album has a more Amon Duul 'caveman jam' feel on the opener, with avante jazz freakouts, and drawn out piano tinkering's on the other two, S'OK!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index