Unsung Forum »
"do it for yr mum! do it for the butthole surfers!"

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

"do it for yr mum! do it for the butthole surfers!"
Oct 21, 2011, 10:51
i was just about to throw last weekend's papers in the recycle bin when this article caught my eye:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/oct/15/dad-manager-brothers-british-sea-power

i have no real idea of what British Sea Power are, have never consciously hear 'em + they seem pretty far off my radar ("moderately unusual indie band"? that's what i might say i thought they were if you pushed me) ... but this is a good read + i laughed out loud at their fantastic dad

i loved the Buttholes, natch
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2011, 12:07
Thread title of the week.
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2011, 12:09
Heh, that's a great article.

I saw BSP at Jodrell Bank a few months ago, unfortunately they did nothing for me. That's not to say they're no good, obviously...
Eardrum
Eardrum
540 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2011, 13:19
the book is well worth a read if you can get hold of one - think it was a limited edition run
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2011, 14:14
singingringingtree wrote:
i was just about to throw last weekend's papers in the recycle bin when this article caught my eye:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/oct/15/dad-manager-brothers-british-sea-power

i have no real idea of what British Sea Power are, have never consciously hear 'em + they seem pretty far off my radar ("moderately unusual indie band"? that's what i might say i thought they were if you pushed me) ... but this is a good read + i laughed out loud at their fantastic dad

i loved the Buttholes, natch

What a bizarre, illuminating article. I don't know that much about BSP myself, apart from vague memories of having once seen them support the Flaming Lips, but that was thoroughly entertaining nonetheless.
bolox
bolox
311 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2011, 15:11
They are actually no good. Great article though.
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2011, 15:21
Butthole Surfers eh?
Christ, that's a blast from the past.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2011, 15:36
Once did coke with a few members of British Sea Power whilst completely, wildly drunk at a houseparty in the middle of nowhere. They were nice enough lads but I kind of wish I was with their dad instead now.
Unsung Forum Index