Unsung Forum »
Zola Jesus

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mart
Mart
214 posts

Zola Jesus
Sep 30, 2011, 21:18
I'm really getting into her at the moment. Shes got a new album out and I saw her for a bit at a fest a few weeks back. She's like the Lady Gaga of modern Goth Electronica.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2554 posts

Re: Zola Jesus
Sep 30, 2011, 22:28
Mart wrote:
I'm really getting into her at the moment. Shes got a new album out and I saw her for a bit at a fest a few weeks back. She's like the Lady Gaga of modern Goth Electronica.

Yup you can hear influences like the Banshees and Kate Bush in her work.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Oct 01, 2011, 00:44
drewbhoy wrote:
Mart wrote:
She's like the Lady Gaga of modern Goth Electronica.

Yup you can hear influences like the Banshees and Kate Bush in her work.

Agreed my end too. Conatus is pretty good, have been playing Vessel a lot since it came out as a single and it's nice to hear the rest at last.

Picked up Stridulum II on the strength of Vessel a while back and that's worth a listen too if you haven't heard it.
Mart
Mart
214 posts

Oct 01, 2011, 01:19
i know stridulum ii better than conatus, got "I Cant Stand" played point blank in my face at a fest a few weeks ago, blew my head off ! And there she was, all dressed in white looking and sounding fantastic !
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Oct 02, 2011, 17:31
Oct 02, 2011, 17:30
Have been intrigued by her and, on the strength of what I've just read, shall pop to my local 2nd hand/promo place tomorrow. Think they had a few Stridulum II promos knocking about el cheapo.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 02, 2011, 19:05
Mart wrote:
i know stridulum ii better than conatus, got "I Cant Stand" played point blank in my face at a fest a few weeks ago, blew my head off ! And there she was, all dressed in white looking and sounding fantastic !

Cool! Love the avatar by the way.
Unsung Forum Index