Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Music of the Sad.
Aug 26, 2011, 12:36
drewbhoy wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
BBC 6 plays some highly suspect stuff. I know there's the fantastic Freakzone and a few other gems, but during the day...

I very rarely have it on, but this morning I was doing something up a stepladder in the kitchen, and 6 is the only signal I can get, especially in bad weather. On comes this tedious irritating racket from someone called Regina Spector. It was horrible, like sub Philip Glass piano plonking with Alanis Morrisette screeching and honking away over the top. Christ....and then some fey duo, sub Nick Drake sighing and simpering with the obligatory cello in the background. Horrible. It made me want to go pillaging and slaughtering. Get some fecking testosterone. This new wave of whingeing and sighing balladeers make my temples throb.

Luckily, The Small Faces came on before I threw myself out of the window in front of a passing tractor.

If I ever hear Arcade Fucking Fire again........

Love & Peace

I going to see Arcade Fire at Edinburgh Castle and it will be excellent. Freakzone are fantastic.

Is there a band called Freakzone ? I meant Stuart Maconie's programme. Anyway, irrespective of my dislike of Arcade Fire, have a great time Drew. As Daminxa said, 'one man's meat' etc...

Now as for drippy fey new folk Nick Drake wannabes.......
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index