Music of the Sad.

89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Music of the Sad.
Aug 23, 2011, 12:54
Chas and Dave are ace! I loathed them until my ex husband found one of their vinyl albums at a Brownie Jumble Sale in the village hall. You have to love 'em, but I do concede it's difficult to take them too seriously, and I really don't think that was ever their intention anyway!

Radiohead I do like, though I feel I'm in a minority on that one! 'OK Computer' is one of my favourite albums of all time, largely because when it was released it seemed to sum up a lot of how I was feeling at the time but couldn't articulate.

I don't mind Country and Western but I can only take it in small doses. That said I think Dolly Parton is a legend!

I think my least favourite genres are modern R&B (which seems to bear little if any relevance to it's roots) and straight-down-the-line manufactured pop. I'm really not keen on Katy Perry, Beyonce or Lady Gaga though I do concede they're very good at what they do. Same with Michael Jackson. Even before the kiddy-fiddling allegations and scandal, when everyone in the world was buying 'Thriller' and exhalting Jackson to god-like status, he left me cold.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index