1701 posts

Re: Music of the mad.
Aug 20, 2011, 21:11
IanB wrote:
Robot Emperor wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Daminxa wrote:
That's true!

I wonder if we'll witness a mass outburst of eccentric creativity as a result of the recent cuts?

I was talking about this with a couple of friends in the pub last night - we were cautiously hoping that increasing levels of unemployment coupled with affordability of CDrs and home recording set-ups would lead to another creative explosion like the advent of post-punk in the late 70s and rave in the late 80s. As much as I'd like to believe that'll happen though, I'm not holding my breath.

Personally I'm willing to put up with shit music if we can get rid of the increasing levels of unemployment.

How different would say "Where Were You?" or "Damaged Goods" have been if the artsts had made them in Pro Tools and endlessly worked them over. Who wants to hear a quantised Mekons? I love the idea of records made under challenging circumstances. The world of Leisure Recording isn't especially good for the art I don't think.

Absolutely. The last thing we need is more people making records just because they've got nothing better to do. The truly driven will always find a way.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index