FifePsy
FifePsy
540 posts

Re: Radigue
Jun 15, 2011, 21:06
IanB wrote:
FifePsy wrote:
Trilogie de la Mort - Eliane Radigue

Nice. I went to the Spitalfileds concert last night. The three laptops piece was amazing, the harp piece getting its premier was amazing for the first half of its length but it gnawed for the last 15 minutes to be honest. The bar was calling to me.

The bass guitar and laptop thing was not my cuppa. I sat there thinking that I would rather be watching Seb and his Crater ensemble. He seemed to have a lot kit and was hamming it up with the old flamboyant guitar-mage gestures without there being much of an end result. Might just be of course.

This is the same chap doing the same piece somewhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WojvQM2W5kY

Thanks Ian. I would like to have seen some of the Radigue events happening in London but not sure how it would translate into live performance. For me her music is real late night, deep listening in the dark stuff. I also have a strong preference for her ARP 2500 works and have not been grabbed by any of the commissioned pieces post 2000. I have the disc of Elemental II (bass guitar piece) and it never had the effect on me that her own electronic pieces have. Also doesn't have the purity of sound. Similarly, the Charles Curtis cello piece doesn't really work that well for me either. However, if i could only take one piece to the island it would be a toss up between the Trilogie and the Feldman SQII. Either would keep me going for a very long time!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index