Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Desert Island Discs?
Jun 16, 2011, 07:15
machineryelf wrote:
What the Thunder Said, it's a matrix, quality is A1, and I'd rate this as fine as the best LA shows, this set has the second longest NQ ever according to the pointless LZ facts database, and a 40+min Dazed & Confused

info here
http://www.pf-db.com/index.php?concert_id=2823&bootleg_id=11693

Thanks. Sounds like I must hunt that one down. 75 is far and away my favourite LZ tour.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 16, 2011, 07:28
Re: Radigue
Jun 16, 2011, 07:25
Agreed. Her ARP music is superior to almost anything else of that kind. I toyed with putting in Trilogie or Vice Versa. Oliveros' Deep Listening is in the same league but more like a rock record. I might have had that too but figure that alone on a desert island you want to hear humans doing stuff.

I am a Feldman latecomer. I had previously filed him away as one of those academic American composers that are good to know about but rubbish to listen to but a couple of Seb recommendations (the Rothko and Beckett pieces) completely turned my head.
earthlingfred93
1114 posts

Re: Desert Island Discs? Hope there's electricity...
Jun 16, 2011, 07:42
Easter everywhere...Elevators
Low..David Bowie
Safe as Milk...Captain beefheart
Kind of blue...Miles Davis
In den garten pharos..Popul Vuh
Shwingungen....Ash ra Tempel
The fall..bend sinister
Can...Ege Bamyasi

Luxury item...Jessica Alba playing the complete works of Erik Satie in stockings / suspenders and full SS uniform....
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Jun 16, 2011, 08:16
Hmmm... Having seen you deliberating over your luxury item, I might consider changing mine to a bag of hemp seeds. That way, once things start growing, I won't really need the hammock - nor a return ticket to civilisation.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jun 16, 2011, 09:02
As people so regualrly point out, hemp is terribly useful for many things other than getting spannered. So, no, not allowed
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Jun 16, 2011, 09:08
Aw, c'mon... You try weaving a length of rope of yer tits!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jun 16, 2011, 09:11
wow, that does sound good.

I keep thinking of things I left out. I'm deffo missing some King Crimson from my list frinstance. Court of the Crimson King or Red maybe?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jun 16, 2011, 09:13
If we shared an island we'd have an entertaining time with your organ and my Moog! As it were.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Jun 16, 2011, 09:42
Squid Tempest wrote:
If we shared an island we'd have an entertaining time with your organ and my Moog! As it were.

Well I asked for a piano so we could form Emerson Wakeman and Argent. Hemp capes all round.

Also looks like Close to the Edge is gonna top the chart when this is over. That's a shocker. In a good way.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jun 16, 2011, 10:38
Jun 16, 2011, 10:38
In the words of our friend Hunter T Wolfe re. Glastonbury ' a benign hippy republic', except with Pomegranates.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index