Rush In Birmingham Last Night

12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Rush In Birmingham Last Night
May 23, 2011, 11:54
Loved it. Loved that they played stuff from pretty much all eras - so many older bands concentrate on just their 'biggest' albums.

The downside is that you hear bits from periods you're not so keen on - for you, the 80s/90s. Personally I love it all, but I'm particularly fond of a lot of the late 80s/90s stuff like (Power Windows, Presto & Roll the Bones) so would've been gutted if we hadn't had, for example, Marathon.

Drum solo? I'm generally dead-set against the bloody things - bashing away endlessly, usually showing purely how fast they can go with bugger-all attention (ironically) to rhythm or anything as mundane as that!!

I don't mind Neil's solos tho coz they tend to be grounded in rhythms & include interesting things like (albeit synthesised) tuned percussion and stuff.

They're not my favourite bit of the gig & if I had the choice I'd probably rather have an extra song, but given Neil's profile in the drumming world & with Rushfans in general, I think there'd be a lot of disappointed people if he stopped doing them!!! ;^)

love

Moth

Unsung Forum Index