Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited May 11, 2011, 17:13
Re: Pink Floyd Reissues 2011
May 11, 2011, 15:21
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
My new Bong bookmark has softened my hardened attitude to marketing ploys but yes the DVD/Bluray/general annoyance at marketing shite to sit on rich boys shelves does rankle but I know that at some point the lure of decent live tracks will reel me in

Thankgod I turned my back on footy all those years ago, my one regret at Southampton getting promoted is that it brings them ever closer to the point where I will have to show interest in football again.

I've been watching Barnet and QPR pretty regularly since the 72-73 season (both had a rare good final day on Saturday). It's £300 - £400 a year to watch Barnet in D2. My first season ticket in the Southern League in the mid 70s IIRC was £14. God knows what a QPR ST will be next season. A grand easy I imagine. 95 my QPR ST in the top division was £175. Even allowing for inflation that is a 400% rise in real terms. Same seat. Same everything apart from the crappy rebranding. At least they don't have Wonga or a bloody bookie as sponsor but that is small comfort in the face of a naked money grab.

Want to knock the whole thing n the head but its like Floyd reissues ...

It's also like concert tickets. Why was it deemed suddenly ok to charge £50 for a routine arena show? There has to be a roll back somewhere though ironically it is the cheaper shows that are really suffering. Seems a lot of people are saving their money for the big ticket O2 type events and festivals.

Blimey, now I know why they take football so seriously at work,though I suspect that has more to do with the North East than the prices, as an outsider the whole footy thing here mystifies me

Rock concerts are going the same way football has , a home for the rich, I've given up attending arena shows they're too slick & production oriented, you can be spontaneous when you're busy following lighting & pyro cues,add a crowd of people who are for the most part mildly interested in the music bar the big hits and you might as well just turn up for the last number & the encore if you want some atmosphere.I reckon you'd get batter value at a pop show these days at least Beyonce & Take That make an effort to gee up the crowd a bit, I suppose the amount of money they charge and make probably leads to less risk taking, vicious circle of people want big shiny show,big shiny sound,want all the hits so that's what a band gives, repeat til death

It seeps down into the medium size shows, I heard some cretin complaining that Motorheads stage show was pretty piss poor and that all these old rock bands could learn a lesson from somebody [may have been Pendulum] on putting on a proper show, personally I blame Ozzy and his fucking dwarves, that's when the rot set in
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index