Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 11, 2011, 09:53
Re: Pink Floyd Reissues 2011
May 11, 2011, 08:56
machineryelf wrote:
My new Bong bookmark has softened my hardened attitude to marketing ploys but yes the DVD/Bluray/general annoyance at marketing shite to sit on rich boys shelves does rankle but I know that at some point the lure of decent live tracks will reel me in

Thankgod I turned my back on footy all those years ago, my one regret at Southampton getting promoted is that it brings them ever closer to the point where I will have to show interest in football again.

I've been watching Barnet and QPR pretty regularly since the 72-73 season (both had a rare good final day on Saturday). It's £300 - £400 a year to watch Barnet in D2. My first season ticket in the Southern League in the mid 70s IIRC was £14. God knows what a QPR ST will be next season. A grand easy I imagine. 95 my QPR ST in the top division was £175. Even allowing for inflation that is a 400% rise in real terms. Same seat. Same everything apart from the crappy rebranding. At least they don't have Wonga or a bloody bookie as sponsor but that is small comfort in the face of a naked money grab.

Want to knock the whole thing n the head but its like Floyd reissues ...

It's also like concert tickets. Why was it deemed suddenly ok to charge £50 for a routine arena show? There has to be a roll back somewhere though ironically it is the cheaper shows that are really suffering. Seems a lot of people are saving their money for the big ticket O2 type events and festivals.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index