IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 11, 2011, 08:16
Re: Pink Floyd Reissues 2011
May 11, 2011, 08:13
The Sea Cat wrote:
IanB wrote:
[quote="Dog 3000"][quote="IanB"] Though I am sure there are (a lot of) people out there who love Tomorrow and Syn beyond reason and wouldn't go near Yessongs!

Ha Ha! I was playing all three, with a dash of Andwella's Dream and Gentle Giant, only yesterday. So maybe I'm an exception there. I love my trad psych and anyone who disses Yes, well, that's fighting talk! ;

When ever I play Syn or Tomorrow I just want to listen to the early Yes records. It's like going back and watching footage of a great player in their youth team days - it's all there but not fully formed.

If you include Kingdom Come, early Man, Atomic Rooster etc in your definition then I guess I would revise my sweeping bias against English Psych but I think of them more as early Prog. When I think of Psych I think of a more touristy Carnaby Street / Kings Road thing. There were a ton of bands who wore the clothes for a year in the "Listen To What The Flower People Say" / "Cups n Cakes" style. I know I am in a minority but Donovan and early TRex make my toes curl. Love The Zombies though and talking of The Syn, The Who's Psych period too. I love it when Psych is more in the Power Pop area.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index