IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 11, 2011, 06:37
Re: Pink Floyd Reissues 2011
May 11, 2011, 06:33
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:
Oh god. Time to empty the old pockets again though at least two of these look worthwhile - if I hadn't already bought these albums three or four times a piece since the 70s that is. Erk.

No Animals, Meddle or Atom Heart sadly only Dark Side, WYWH and The Wall. The Wall is one of my personal musical betes noires. One good and highly memorable guitar solo aside I have never been able to understand the hoopla surrounding that one.

the BBC DSOTM disc is a wondrous thing, I play it far more than yer actual DSOTM, and the WYWH gigs are pretty special too but you can stick the immersion box sets where the sun doesn't shine, I need a collection of Pink Floyd marbles like I need a hole in the head

Would love to see some of the 69-71 period gigs get released but I doubt there are any official recordings or they would have been released already

Yes, I would love to have a nicely remastered copy of Concertgebouw 1969 and Hamburg 71 and the like. And you are right, the early and pre-DSOTM tour boots are fantastic. Especially the BBC one.

The marketing bells and whistles put me off too but if the sound quality of the BBC Dark Side is a major improvement on the various versions I have then I may well be tempted. As with football (talking of 70s silk scarves), in the end I know full well that I am being ruthlessly exploited by a bunch of bastards but that's the lot of the real enthusiast isn't it? Actually mixing DVD and Blu Ray in the same box infuriates me more than the marbles.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index