Unsung Forum »
Albums of the Year 2010

136 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: Albums of the Year 2010
Dec 05, 2010, 11:43
think I'll bugger off and become a Q reader, not heard of half the bands mentioneed here, must be getting old

my rather pedestrian list

Black Tempest -Proxima/Ex Proxima always liked your music Mr S but you really hit the nail on the head with these two, most anticipated cd of 2011 is the next one

Spaceship - Out Of Time's Abyss surprised this didn't make more peoples list, an absolute stormer

Neil Young - Le Noise glad I stuck with this, first listen decided it was a bit of a worthy but dull experiment, luckily I got stuck with this 1cd and a long journey and repeated listens made me fall in love with it

Robert Plant - Band of JOy probably too dadrock for your average HH punter but I love this to bits

Faust Is Last thanks to Keith A for pointing me at this one, the fact that I think this rates with the best of Faust shows how good it is

Swans -My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky matches with the Children Of God period, a welcome return and addition to the Swans catalogue, supposedly the live shows were even better

Mono - Holy Ground having lived in the postrock second division for a while they finally acheived a premier div place with this gem

Pantha Du Prince - Black Noise I have no idea what this is, some kinda minmal dance music, but it's beautiful, I keep meaning to open a thread to inquire about what bthis is and is there anything else like it

Crippled Black Phoenix - I,Vigilante this years no1 postrock Floyd impersonators

Current 93 - Baalstorm,Sing Omega also voted as this years worst CD by the rest of mu family who seem to loathe David Tibet with a vengeance

Max Richter - Infra short but sweet, I've heard a fair bit of mainstream but slightly alt modern classical type thing, but on a tunes vs time scale this is a winner

Cathedral - Guessing Game the purists moan about Cathedral no longer being Doom incarnate, but who cares with music this goos, far better than the Trytykon cd

Buzz or Howl - Turquoise Studded Child of the 8 Armed Elephant Bride title of the year, sprawling 3cd set of varied ambient guitar drone, another Lotus House winner
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index