Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/11/10

84 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Re: Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/11/10
Nov 17, 2010, 11:58
"In The Flat Field/Mask - Bauhaus. Aged better that their peers, should be more revered."

Hell yeah!

I think pretty much everything they recorded stands the test of time, and manages to sound remarkably contemporary, even in our music mashed times.
What I love about them most is they were not afraid to take risks and experiment a little. OK, they may not be as outre as TG or whatever, but within the parameters they set themselves, they rocked it. For me, Daniel Ash is still the greatest guitarist of our time, he did so much with so little (if you catch my drift). They were responsible for me getting into Eno, Iggy, Velvets and Bowie to name just a few.
As an impressionable 14 year old Bauhaus were the first 'alt' act i got into after stuff like Gary Numan, Simple minds and The Human League.
I've got a massive soft spot for em' and must own each record half a dozen times on various formats. I was even daft enough to fork for the recent remastered 'boxes' from Beggars. Gotta say, they did a grrrrreeeeeat job on those. Sound is amazing, and packaging is really nice. Hope they do the same for the rest TBH, I'll be at the front of the que for each one :)

I've edited out the recent 'Go Ahead White' album, that's not Bauhaus, that's erm, they're mad uncle up in the attic trying to cash in on their Kudos, honest!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index