Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/11/10
Nov 17, 2010, 10:11
Robot Emperor wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Not edited! I've been enjoying Everyone is Everybody Else lately, particularly as my 12 yr old son has decided he really likes it (he's usually an AC/DC & Motorhead type). I know what you mean about the half assed thing. I do find their albums patchy. I wonder if it is the alternating song-writers thing they tend to do that causes that?

I cannot apologise enough. I think that both you and Ianb are correct. They do sound limited because they try to stay within the limits of a song (which I usually prefer - Nektar, with their fussy little bits all over the place, couldn't write a song at gunpoint etc, etc, are a personal hate) and don't just really hit the accelarator. Frustrating in BJH because you can tell they could. Some of the Mellotron is amazing.

Genesis leave me cold though. I think the first live album is awesome however so perhaps I just need to give them more time. thirty odd years is nothing really...

Get back to my humble pie.

No need to apologise! Or to eat humble pie for that matter! Blimey, these threads get so big it is difficult to find anything again.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index