Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/11/10

84 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/11/10
Nov 16, 2010, 22:43
I'm sure someone confessed earlier to listening to Barclay James Harvest but seems' to have edited their post Stalin stylee. So, in the style of an Alcholics Anonymous meeting, I HAVE LISTENED TO THE FIRST FOUR BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ALBUMS. Better than I thought they would be. Don't seem to have the courage of their convictions though, a bit half assed.

Robot World - Bailter Space. Unsung or what? More like completely forgotten, certainly by me until it fell on me during my latest vain attempt to organise the wall of cd's currently infuriating the Empress. Great album. Too heavy to be shoegazer, reminds me of My Bloody Valentine with a Hawkwind fixation. Never heard anything else by them - worth pursuing?

Soulvaki - Slowdive. Bit of a theme developing here. Midlife crisis ago go as I revisit tunes from my early twenties. Everyone should have this though, unless you don't like it...

In The Flat Field/Mask - Bauhaus. Aged better that their peers, should be more revered.

Beast Rest Forth Mouth - Bear In Heaven. This passed me by last year. Great krauty psychedelic pop type thing.

Trampled Under Hoof - Goatsnake. Shit sandwich.

Dopethrone - Electric Wizard. I should not love this as much as I do. It is not healthy.

And loads of classical and choral stuff, special mention for the Naxos CD that has William Byrds Mass for Four Voices, Mass for Five Voices, and Infelix ego. Worth £4.97 of anybodies money.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index