172 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: enough is enough
Oct 30, 2010, 13:24
IanB wrote:
Whatever the root cause just take it "outside", take it to e mail, take into U-Know but don't poison a special resource with a load of name calling under the cloak of secrecy. If a flame war (that's a vile expression to start with) breaks out then at very least everyone else should try and stay out of it.

Just been pointed at this thread by someone, and while I've only read a small part of it, I can probably guess at what's gone on.

I've absolutely no interest in getting involved, but would like to point out that some of us consider U-Know to be "a special resource" too and would rather not have "a load of name calling under the cloak of secrecy" over there, thanks very much. Yes, it happens there -- much as it has happened on every board on this site, and on every public forum on the internet -- but frankly a lot of people would rather it didn't. So I'm not sure it's fair for you to suggest it's acceptable to dump personal nastiness into U-Know just because you use Unsung more.

Not trying to pick a fight. But I suspect you'd be a little miffed if I was to suggest that a "flame war" on U-Know should relocate to Unsung? None of the boards here should be used for trading insults. But the nature of U-Know obviously makes it a rather confrontational place, so it's more of a struggle to keep it on-topic and away from personal insults. Your suggestion merely hinders that struggle.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index