Dragontears

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Dragontears
Oct 25, 2010, 23:32
Despite the absolute mauling it gets in the new Shindig!, I'm really looking forward to Turn On, Tune In, Fuck Off after Dog3000's recent inclusion of 2 tracks on Kosmik Radiation. 2,000 Micrograms from Home has subsequently been on repeat for 4 days on my stereo.

Anyway, can anyone recommend somewhere to buy the new album on CD? The Bad Afro myspace blog has got loads of Scando/European shops listed to buy from but after visiting a couple the prices are pretty steep when postage is added. So.. do I wait for it to appear in Amazon marketplace or can anyone share a site that won't charge an arm and a leg to get a copy to the UK?

Cheers tab-tasters, any info gratefully received.

Bad Afro
Dragontears
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Oct 26, 2010, 00:08
Re: Dragontears
Oct 26, 2010, 00:07
Glad you're digging this (what's Shindig's beef?)

I didn't realize Bad Afro releases were that hard to find!

It is quite new (released in September I think), so maybe it just takes a couple months to get the distro around.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 00:18
Dog 3000 wrote:
Glad you're digging this (what's Shindig's beef?)

I didn't realize Bad Afro releases were that hard to find!

It is quite new (released in September I think), so maybe it just takes a couple months to get the distro around.

Shindig gave it a total panning, the critic said he'd never liked Baby Woodrose either so I guess it's a taste thing? Adjectives used include "hackneyed", "predictable", "semi-interesting", "futile" and "cliches". I'm picking all the negative words but I just thought the guy made himself sound like a prude.

I've had no real problems getting other in-print Bad Afro stuff but the album's not officially out until Nov 1st so that's the reason why it's hard to pre-order at a fair price at the moment. Roll-on Monday...

Thanks again for the intro to them Dog, they're rocking my little world at the moment.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 01:07
Was just gonna say -- I found the promo thingy and it says release date is November 1st. So you're early.

I haven't been blown away by Baby Woodrose (decent garage-psych), I do dig the Dragontears more. Though they could both certainly be said to be "retro 60's/70's" music. (Though funny that Shindig of all mags would complain about that!)
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 03:44
Recordheaven.net has the cd and vinyl available for preorder. The cd is 12.27 pounds... they are out of Sweden and I've used them several times for hard to find stuff. To the USA it takes 10 days or so to receive... you'll likely get it far sooner.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 12:39
Thanks Redfish, I knew you'd know somewhere.
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 19:16
mingtp wrote:
Thanks Redfish, I knew you'd know somewhere.

I realized after posting that Record Heaven was on the Bad Afro list of vendors that you perused... perhaps they are too costly at this time, I dunno what you typically pay, but again I can vouch for them as I've used them 5 or 6 times and never had a problem. They have a most agreeable selection and its very easy to rack up an order of 5 or 7 discs quickly if you're not careful!

BTW, "tab tasters" made me laugh! Been years since my last tab but I would gladly consider myself a tab taster!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 19:36
I think AllThatIs Heavy have the disc for 19.99 dollars & if I remember right I think the p+p is pretty good. Not sure what dollar /pound conversion is right now. Do think dollar is about 1/5 below Euro & pound is a bit higher. 1/8 or something. So not sure how that works out.

stevo
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Oct 26, 2010, 19:41
Allthatisheavy are excellent people! Always throw in nice reminders of artists they think I'll like who are coming to Chicago with my orders and have sent me freebies before too. I just figured postage from Sweden would be cheaper than postage from alllll the way across the Atlantic...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Oct 26, 2010, 20:56
Oct 26, 2010, 20:56
looks from Xe.com as though there's about 30 or 40c (Eur) on the disc price between the 2 shops. haven't seen the p+p on either, do remember it being pretty cheap when I used AllIsHeavy, don't think I've used RecordHeaven. But do think it was a little pricey when I tried to work it out a few years back.

Stevo
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index