38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Edited Aug 05, 2010, 17:09
Re: Your Favorite Decade?
Aug 05, 2010, 17:07
That's easy. Being the decade that held all of my impressionable teenage years, the 70's.

I started that decade (aged nine) with the paternally-influenced opinion that classical music was where it was at, although I loved the odd Elvis, Beatles, Beach Boys and Stones singles that family friends and relatives had in their record collections.

Then came Rod, Elton, Bolan, Ferry and Bowie and it was bye bye Beethoven. Prog, Canterbury, Kraut, pub rock, punk, new wave, Two Tone, post-punk and even a bit of NWOBHM and Oi provided equal distraction in the following years. Then Cope, The Smiths and Weddoes aside, the whole pop/rock scene got suddenly stagnant and Beethoven came back into my life. I thank the dire 80's from the bottom of my heart for that.

Thus it's remained, aside from a brief, thrash and Madchester-inspired spell in the late 80's/early 90's when my curiosity and keenness returned. Alas, not much from those days has remained in my affections. But everything - and more - that I used to dig in the 70's still tickles my heart and eardrums.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index