46 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 1 August 2010 CE
Aug 02, 2010, 00:01
redfish365 wrote:
I love ol' Swamp Dogg! Many years ago - say 1981 - I scooped his album "Classified 1A" out of the cutout bin of a record store in Savannah, Georgia and wad floored by the genius of the man. Some classic tracks still play in my head even though I haven't heard the album in 20 years. Surfin' in Harlem is another gem.

I think the one I've got is his first one, Total Destruction to Your Mind. His liner notes are pretty classic: "I owe all my present success to a very dear person, someone who stuck by me when things were really bad, and has never made a motion to harm me or my talents in any way. A person whom I love, worship and admire beyond and shadow of a doubt - ME!!" I just wish psychedelic soul was a bigger genre. I've found a few headcases worth listening to, but not as many as I'd like.

Thanks for the story. I was pretty psyched to find out he was still playing when I searched for that youtube clip earlier and found this live performance from earlier this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx6XdxKEPzY
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index