35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Oct 22, 2012, 13:21
Re: S P A R K S
Oct 22, 2012, 11:27
Indiscreet is definitely my favourite these days. It's the most purely melodic thing they've done, I think. That chamber production doesn't hurt, either. Also, the 1968 Psyched out version of A Woofer in Tweeter's Clothing is way up there- far more than just a curio for fanatics and much more interesting than the album of the same name put out 5 years later. One of the best Psyche Pop albums ever released and sadly resigned to bootleg status. It's the American Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

Two more of my favourites that don't get so much attention: Angst In My Pants (proof that the 80s wasn't hell for every act that started out in the '60s and '70s. Sherlock Holmes is in my Top 5 Sparks songs) and the highbrow+lowbrow=one raised eyebrow whatthefuckery of Hello Young Lovers.

Their appearance on Never Mind The Buzzcocks was one of the best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CXMTXUjKs Ron is great. "It's one of two things: it's either Je T'aime Moi Non Plus by Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin or else it's One Less Bitch by N.W.A."
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index