Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 25 July 2010 CE

33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 25 July 2010 CE
Jul 25, 2010, 19:57
Working on future radio shows, which had me listening to quite a bit of ASH RA TEMPEL and GRATEFUL DEAD (audience tapes especially.)

SECOND FAMILY BAND - GOOD BLOOD, our second LP release this year out now on alt.vinyl and available from Norman records in the UK! (Hopefully Norman will have some copies of our other LP "DREAM RELEASE" soon too . . . shipping from USA isn't cheap.)

BLACK TEMPEST - EX PROXIMA, love the first track jazz & all, will have to hear PROXIMA a bunch more to decide which I like better! ;-)

CHROME - BOX CD1 (best of the 2nd & 3rd albums plus comp tracks from that era.)

SUZI QUATRO - BEST OF (mix CD)

IRON MAIDEN - BEST OF (mix CD)

Live in concert: ? AND THE MYSTERIANS, the third time I've seen this legendary band. Only THE MONKS are as comparably brilliant when it comes to first-wave garage rock. Current lineup is exactly the same five guys who recorded "96 Tears" as teenagers 44 years ago!! Mr. Mark is as endearingly enigmatic and glamourous as ever (yeah baby awlright!) Opening bands THE ELECTRIC MESS (NYC) and THE OUTER MIND (Chicago) also did good 60's inspired sets to open.

Weirdest music experience of the week: went to the post office and as I was waiting in line they were playing the full original version of Kraftwerk's "Autobahn" on the muzak system! Muzak has gotten hipper lately I guess?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index