85 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 18 July 2010 CE
Jul 19, 2010, 10:53
machineryelf wrote:
Black Tempest – Ex Proxima, Proxima best cds of the year made in a bedroom in suburbia, one of the many problems facing the music industry is all the top stuff is being made without them. As suggested elsewhere the ideal way to play these is back to back, Ex Proxima is a stunning mix of Blade Runner soundtrack meets kraut drone, even the now infamous free jazz section makes perfect sense, it fits perfectly as if you were walking down a street took a short cut through an indoor market and then back onto the street again, nice one squid, my only worry is have you got any ideas left for the 3rd instalment?

Thanks everso for that Mr Elf, that's really cheered me up on Monday morning when I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing in this office! And I wouldn't worry about the third installment, I've got plans for a whole ongoing series of CDs!

And I like your description of the jazz bit - it is that Fausty kinda thing to me, walk past the open door of a studio and hear something fleetingly in passing. Or that was kind of the intention anway.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index